Options to reach Hemisfair and Yanaguana
Garden by bus:
SIGHTSEER (see below) to the ALAMO then walk or cross the
street and then take the
Blue Trolley on South Alamo OR
Red Trolley to the corner of South
Alamo and Nueva
2) VIA service on bus
routes: 26 - 30 - 225 - 230
|Bus fares for
adults: $1.20 (buy a transfer for 15 cents
- unlimited use within 2 1/2 hours of purchase) or
$4 for an all-day unlimited pass. Age
4 and under ride free.
|Click for VIA
Schedules - or call 210-362-2020 to talk to a human
and get help or try....
1) On the
Rider Tools page, click the map
closest to where you will catch the bus
2) then use the Find Nearby Stops and/or Get Next Departures links to get
your Bus Number
3) then look up the Bus Number by location to get the departure time.
Do it the FUN & EASY WAY!
|Have you heard of the #7
SIGHTSEER bus? This is the perfect opportunity to give it a try.
Perfect for your first ever bus ride!
At these prices, the bus driver is NOT a tour
guide so be sure to make a stop at the ALAMO and go to the
OFFICIAL CITY VISITOR CENTER right across the street for maps and
a bus schedule.
Visit one of the museums or attractions listed below and then leave
your car parkied and jump on the #7 SIGHTSEER and come
downtown. Do it for the opening or any day between 7am and 7pm, 7 days
a week. The #7 SIGHTSEER runs once an hour so plan your stay at each
stop so you can be reach to jump back on board.
Catch the #7 SIGHTSEER at any of these locations and get off IN
FRONT OF THE ALAMO and walk two blocks down South Alamo to
Hemisfair and Yanaguana Garden (or transfer to the Blue
Once an hour the bus stops at....
- SAMA - San Antonio Museum of Art
- Japanese Gardens
- San Antonio ZOO
- Whitte Museum
- Botanical Gardens
- DoSeum - Childrens Museum
- Alamo (get off here for Hemisfair - transfer
to the Blue Trolley or walk)
- Main Square - Cathedral
- Governors Palace - Old City Hall (VIA bus
info center is across the street)
- Mercado - Mexican Market (YOU MUST GET OFF
1) Walk over to Market/Santa Rosa
And catch the #7 again or walk on over to the
- Navarro House Historical Site (down one block
on Laredo - street looks like a parking lot)
- O'Henry Home at Laredo
- Courthouse at Main Square
- Brisco Museum
- Alamo and continue on to SAMA, etc.
2) Walk over to the trolley stop across the street from the
Wells Fargo Bank and transfer to the RED TROLLEY at the MERCADO and
head back on Houston
- Buckhorn Museum (at Presa/Jefferson)
- Texas Rangers Museum (same location)
- History Shop (see Phil Collin's
Panorama of the Alamo and other cool stuff)
- Official VISITOR CENTER (right across the